Big Love Weekend Dance, Yoga & Pilates, Manhattan, NoMad - Madison Square Park
If you did not get a chance to participate in last year’s BIG LOVE BIRTHDAY, you have the exciting opportunity to do so with the second annual BIG LOVE WEEKEND! If you are fortunate enough to be familiar with Jason Patrick and his dedication to manifesting the path of karma yoga, then you are in for the biggest treat yet.
Please join Jason in a celebration of epic proportions at The Breslin’s Liberty Hall, at the Ace Hotel on February 15-16, 2014. For two days, we will experience the joy and humility of what it really means to give selflessly for the benefit of many. Jason has combined yoga, gourmet food, live performance, dancing, and more as a weekend of appreciation for your help in meeting the collective goal.
The $100,000 goal that Jason has set for BIG LOVE WEEKEND is necessary to spotlight God’s Love We Deliver (God’s Love) and help this amazing non-sectarian organization feed 10,000 terminally ill people. Initially an HIV/AIDS service organization, today God’s Love is the New York metropolitan area’s leading provider of life-sustaining meals and nutritional counseling for people living with over 200 diagnosed severe illnesses. Meals are tailored for individual clients, cooked, and delivered to them, their families, and caregivers free of charge for over 28 years, without ever having a waiting list.
The lovingly curated list of activities over the WEEKEND are naturally worth your efforts to join Jason in this fundraising effort, but if you’ve ever experienced the unique bliss that results from the mere act of giving in itself, you know that it is without comparison, and it is for the celebration of all of our karmic inner joy together that you are sincerely encouraged to participate in this variety of ways:
BIG LOVE WELLNESS DAY on Saturday, February 15 (11:00am – 5:00pm)
- Puja ceremony guided by K. Krishnan Namboodiri, a Tantric Vedic priest from the Sivananda Ashram in the Bahamas
- Talk by Gabrielle Bernstein, the author Spirit Junkie: A Radical Road to Self Love and Miracles
- A gentle, Hatha-inspired yoga practice led by Britton Darby (instructor and co-owner, Modo Yoga NYC) with live music performed by Sarah Neufeld (violinist, Arcade Fire) and Rebecca Foon (cellist, Saltland)
- Talk by Jason Patrick and the folks at God’s Love We Deliver, nourished with yummy snacks courtesy of The Breslin.
- An invigorating Vinyasa/Flow-based yoga practice led by Dina Tsouluhas (instructor and co-owner, Moksha Yoga Montreal) and Guillaume Brun (instructor and co-owner of Modo Yoga, NYC) with beats provided by DJ Natasha Blank (The Get Down, Cielo)
BIG LOVE BIRTHDAY BASH & DANCE PARTY on Sunday, February 16
BIG LOVE BIRTHDAY BASH (7.30pm-10:30pm)
- Talks by Jason Patrick and the folks at God’s Love We Deliver
- Food and drink catered by the Breslin Bar & Dining Room
- Live music, with performances by The Pharoahs, Christine Cole, Robert Locke, Anny Finnestad
BIG LOVE DANCE PARTY (10:30pm-3:00am)
- Kicked off with a live performance by Sarah Neufeld (Arcade Fire) and Rebecca Foon (Saltland)
- Beats provided by DJ Andre and DJ Natasha Blank (The Get Down, Cielo)
Raise at least $500 from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET and you’ll automatically win a Three-Class Package for Modo Yoga NYC.
Be the highest donor from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET and you’ll automatically win an Unlimited One-Year Membership to Modo Yoga NYC.
First 200 people to raise $500 from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET will automatically win a $50 Gift Certificate to any of La Columbe’s Three NYC Locations.
First 5 people to raise $500 from 1/13 at 9am ET to 2/16 at 11:59pm ET will automatically win a 2-Day Juice Cleanse from Juice Press.